My name is Bryher Hill and I am a HCPC Registered Occupational Therapist living in Bridgend and working in South Wales (and further afield when required). I hold an enhanced DBS certificate.
I graduated from Cardiff University in 2006 and after initially working in the NHS and then Local Government for a total of 8 years, I then made the move to private practice in 2014.
I have a keen interest in Paediatrics and the majority of my recent training has been in this field. I am continuously working on develop my paediatric practise further.
I have been very lucky to be supported by Steddy Associates so far in building myself up as an independent practitioner; acting as an Associate Occupational Therapist working with children and adults, completing housing adaptation assessments, completing Medicolegal Reports and also Case Management. In April 2019, I created SerenOT with the aim to provide an affordable paediatric Occupational Therapy service in South Wales.
I have two young children of my own and have developed my independent Occupational Therapy career around the needs of my family. I sing in a choir in Cardiff and have an interest in sustainable living. I am also a qualified Run Leader with Welsh Athletics.
Please don’t hesitate to Contact Me if you would like to discuss the therapy needs of yourself or your family/client.
- Foundation Certificate in Deaf Studies
- PgC Mentoring
- TEACCH (Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication Handicapped CHildren)
- Sensory Integration 1 “Theory and Intervention”
- Sensory Integration 2 “Advanced Clinical Reasoning and Analysis”
- The SOS Approach to Feeding
- Is it Sensory or is it Behaviour?
- Quickshifts (an adjunct to Therapeutic Listening)
- OT for HLP and DME (Higher Learning Potential and Dual or Multiple Exceptionalities)
- NSPCC Child Protection: An Introduction
- CASI (Certificate in Ayres Sensory Integration) Module 2 – Introduction to Comprehensive Assessment in Ayres Sensory Integration
- CASI Module 3 – Comprehensive Assessment in Ayres Sensory Integration- Hands on Practice and Review
- Evaluation of Ayres Sensory Integration (EASI) training and scoring modules for normative data testers
- Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT)
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists Specialist Section – Independent Practice (View Profile) (including actions as Regional Contact for Wales)
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists Specialist Section – Children, Young People and Families
- Sensory Integration Network/Sensory Integration Education (including providing Technical Support for the Sensory Integration Network South Wales and West Special Interest Group)
- BABICM Registered Practitioner