Occupational Therapy for Children and Young People in South Wales
My name is Bryher Hill and I am a HCPC Registered Occupational Therapist living in Bridgend and working in South Wales (and further afield when required). I hold an enhanced DBS certificate. In April 2019, I created SerenOT with the aim to provide an affordable paediatric Occupational Therapy service in South Wales.
Having graduated from Cardiff University in 2006 and initially working in the NHS and then Local Government for a total of 8 years, I then made the move to private practice in 2014, working as an Associate Occupational Therapist.
I have a keen interest in Paediatrics and the majority of my recent training has been in this field. I am continuously working on develop my paediatric practise further.
With two young children of my own, I have developed my independent Occupational Therapy career around the needs of my family. I sing in a choir in Cardiff and have an interest in sustainable living. I am also a qualified Run Leader with Welsh Athletics.
Please don’t hesitate to Contact Me if you would like to discuss the therapy needs of yourself or your family/client.
- Foundation Certificate in Deaf Studies
- PgC Mentoring
- TEACCH (Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication Handicapped CHildren)
- Sensory Integration 1 “Theory and Intervention”
- Sensory Integration 2 “Advanced Clinical Reasoning and Analysis”
- The SOS Approach to Feeding
- Is it Sensory or is it Behaviour?
- Quickshifts (an adjunct to Therapeutic Listening)
- OT for HLP and DME (Higher Learning Potential and Dual or Multiple Exceptionalities)
- NSPCC Child Protection: An Introduction
- CASI (Certificate in Ayres Sensory Integration) Module 2 – Introduction to Comprehensive Assessment in Ayres Sensory Integration
- CASI Module 3 – Comprehensive Assessment in Ayres Sensory Integration- Hands on Practice and Review
- Evaluation of Ayres Sensory Integration (EASI) training and scoring modules for normative data testers
- Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT)
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists Specialist Section – Independent Practice (View Profile) (including actions as Regional Contact for Wales)
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists Specialist Section – Children, Young People and Families
- Sensory Integration Network/Sensory Integration Education (including providing Technical Support for the Sensory Integration Network South Wales and West Special Interest Group)
- BABICM Registered Practitioner